I meant to post this earlier, but it’s been such an off week. Here it goes:
Last week I roasted some pumpkins….After roasting them, I mashed up the meat…
Then I added Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour replacement Mix in place of normal white flour to a recipe for pumpkin drop cookies the NY Times published recently: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/3642-pumpkin-drop-cookies
I left out a few things and didn’t frost them (after just having Halloween, who could justify that?) .
- 2 cups Bob Red Mill’s Gluten Free 1:1 flour replacement mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 cup grams brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zestBake at 350 for 15 minutes and enjoy!
I like to give my kids seasonal treats in the afternoon for snack because I love to bake and it can be fun as an activity to do with my daughter, as well.
Here are some more nutritious meals from the week….breakfasts mostly 🙂 It’s been a wacky one with my daughter being sick…..now my youngest has a cold too. Hopefully this cold snap will get the germs out and everyone will feel better by the end of the weekend!